Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life After Imagineering

And so ends my brief, however wonderful, stint with Walt Disney Imagineering. It has been quite an interesting Summer beginning with the ImagiNations competition right up to the last day of my internship.

(Quick morning sketch of the Big D patio area when I was having my morning cereal)

There was a very awkward transitional period for me. I would have very bitter dreams after my 10 day adventure through the competition. The reason? Because I didn't get an internship right away. The truth being that I was only upset with myself. I felt that even though I gave ImagiNations my all, I wasn't good enough...

A big fear of mine was leaving the competition empty handed, and it was not because I wanted to win. It was because I wanted to be able to feel like I am on the right track. I wanted to prove to myself that I could be the kind of material a juggernaut like WDI would be willing to employ. With only a year left in school, I need to be on the top of my game and this would be a good place to measure where I am at and where I should be. But a few weeks later, I was offered 10 week position as a Graphic Design Intern for Participant Services.

So, after several weeks of busting my ass working on yogurt ads, an intern project, and a menu style guide, here I am, all the more wiser. It was a great learning experience and a whole lot of fun.

Now for life after Imagineering.
Things wont be the same around here. I've had a taste of the working professional world, and it was good. With under a year left of school, I have so much to do to be ready to compete for the real jobs out in the world--this blog being started to keep me accountable.

And here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment