Thursday, December 3, 2009

This Week in SUCK

Things are feeling very one-step-forward-two-steps-back these days. I wonder if it is just because it is the end of the semester and I am feeling drained. But now is not the time for complaints--it is the time for action.... umm... starting tomorrow.

I've been having too many off-days where my drawing is concerned. Funny thing about that: the next two weeks will consist of the most drawing I have ever done in such a short period, and if today's hours of life drawing is foreshadowing the weeks to come, it will be filled with a whole lot of suck indeed.

Chuck gave a pretty good and helpful lecture about trying to find work as a production board artist (which is what I want to do at present). So, I have to make a portfolio geared to that, meaning I need a portfolio to show off my ability to story board. Meaning I will only have a page or so of life drawing tagged on at the end anyways. For our final, he is requiring a production board portfolio be submitted for the Storyboarding class. I have a feeling mine will be pretty rough, but if anything, it will be a good jumping off point for refinement in the coming months.

Important thing to remember: draw less suck.

2 comments:

  1. i wanted to leave you an equally funny and snarky comment on your blog but apparently, i'm just not that clever. so i'm going for an obvious low blow:

    suck less at life yeah?

    p.s.
    the kermit drawing is totally creeping me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of storyboarding,

    I need to do a 3 photo sequence piece.

    I am going for...Geek-chic/1920s 1930s Art Film kinda feel, the ones that end in Le Fin.

    Any ideas?

    I was thinking that a beret and perhaps a cat must be involved.

    ReplyDelete