Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Revisiting an Older Drawing

What's this? New, completed, and colored artwork? How dare I do such a thing! I would almost be impressed with myself if this wasn't school related. But the assignment was to take an old drawing from class and recreate it in a personal work. If you remember, this is based off a quick sketch I posted last month.

I attempted to do somethings that I have been wanting to do (mostly based off some stuff I have been seeing on the internet). And I had some fun doing it.

This piece isn't perfect (the line work is unrefined and the brush-work boarder looks too mechanical for my tastes) but it is nothing I can't address at a later time (oh digital work--how convenient you are). But I feel as though it is a culmination of my time in art school: life drawing, anatomy, design, composition, photoshop, illustrator, and, the newest friend of mine, tvpaint.

Also, becoming more fond of my TabletPC (probably because it is working a lot better and getting comfortable with it too). So don't be surprised to be seeing more work like this one from me (but you will be allowed to be surprised for seeing finished work--because that is the real shocker).

2 comments:

  1. I like it, great colors too. Very old comic bookesq.

    But take care of those "bee stings" and put on some "grapefruit pearls" hm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was kinda going for that feeling.
    Also, allow me to preface this next comment with a "WTF" and postface with a "LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete