Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

I've been thinking about what I am thankful for and among the usual blessings in my life there are two big things that really stick out this year that I am IMMENSELY thankful for:

1. It's my last year of college. I mean it just feels like a long time coming (Almost 18 teens years counting head-start, pre-school, and kindergarten). And although I'll always be a student of my craft--it will be nice to start working on making a life of my own that doesn't revolve around being a student in the classical sense. I'll probably go back for my Master's before I am 30, but I'll deal with that when we get there.

2. The ImagiNations competition. The year started and I had no real expectations. I thought it was just going to be one of those "let's hurry up and get through it" years but when we became finalists, it turned out to be one of the most memorable summers ever.

Next year, however, I have high hopes for all that is to come. First things first: I need to get through this semester. With a film to finish animating and several storyboards to finish, I have my work cut out for me. But there is NO WAY that I will not be graduating next semester--so I will get this stuff done. No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment