Monday, May 31, 2010

Life After College

So. I am done with school. And that has been the truth for just over one week now. I feel like I can accomplish anything--it has nothing to do with having a college degree either--it's because I feel like I have all the time in the world to do whatever it is I feel.

And you know what?

It feels good.

But I guess the question is: What now? I do have a few things in mind. And some current personal projects that I have been working on. Not to mention some potential freelance down the line. I would also like to say that it has been a week since school has been out--and yes, I have animated something (so kudos to me!).

This summer is shaping up to be quite an adventure. Just finished up my internship last week over at Nick--although I do have some unfinished business over there, so I'll be visiting two different days next week. There have been more parties than this guy is used to. Camping with friends next weekend (maybe I'll try to do some plein air water colors). And an entire month in Europe with one of my best buddies in the whole world for just about all of July. And I do have my fingers crossed for some other things to happen...

...but...
...the only thing that really matters are the little things. Like waking up a little hung over in L.A. with some of your best friends and having a coffee and nachos on the curb just outside the 7-11 you bought it all from. Only to get up and go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Because these are the reasons it feels good to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment